A long desolate storefront on the Upper West Side received much-needed love and attention when Restauranteur Greg Hunt set out to open Cafe Tallulah – a bi-level 3,000 sq ft French bistro and cocktail lounge. Over 10 months and through the vision of Gene Kaufman Architect, OTL transformed the space into a restaurant that is never reviewed without mention of its atmosphere.
- A 50-ft zinc bar, lauded as the longest in Manhattan
- Tin ceilings and exposed brick perpetuate an authentic vibe
- Steel back bar at the main bar modeled after the steel work in Penn Station
- Custom wood work, antique mirrors, and beams in cellar wrapped with mushroom wood
- Upgraded entire sewer system under the building and connect to the street
Gene Kaufman Architect