Two fashion-world power players call on architects Janson Goldstein and OTL to transform a staid prewar penthouse into an urbane showpiece.
In a mere 18 months, a maze of dark rooms was turned into an open, light-filled space that magnified the distinguished prewar vibe, hinted at in the apartment’s leaded casement windows, while simultaneously opening up the 360-degree vistas.
- 23 new exterior openings added, each intersecting perfectly and purposefully with the central planes and interiors of each room
- Sound-proofing and insulation of ceilings to block noise of condensers on the roof
- Finely constructed built-ins, upholstered and adjustable gallery hallway, and European oak flooring in a custom color that combined three shades
- Wrap-around terrace on three building exposures
- Sustainable and eco-conscious decisions were prioritized without sacrificing quality, design or taste